Free taxi rides can be provided in emergency situations for vanpool participants to return to their vehicle or to any location (home, school, daycare provider, etc.). Emergency taxi service can be taken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Emergency Ride Home reimbursement is limited to six times per year. Reimbursement for an Emergency Ride Home is available to vanpool participants with an account on iShareaRide.org.
Emergency Ride Home
In the event of an emergency, TheRide will reimburse VanRide riders for a cab ride back to an approved destination.
Some basics of the Emergency Ride Home program:
- A rider must make their own arrangements for a taxicab or rental car (services or rentals from Metro Cars will NOT be reimbursed)
- Intermediate stops (e.g., day care or hospital) are permitted.
- The service may be used up to six times per year but no more than twice in one month.
- A reimbursement form (available here) must be completed and mailed in with an original copy of the taxicab/rental car receipt to:
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority
ATTN: Guaranteed Ride Home program
2700 S. Industrial Hwy.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Emergency Ride Home can be used for personal or family illness, unscheduled overtime or other mandatory work-related holdover.
- Emergency Ride Home cannot be used for half-days of work for non-emergency reasons or missed trip due to non-emergency reasons.