This four-day, four-fair national event is one of the largest art fair exhibits in the country. More than 1,250 artists come to downtown Ann Arbor for four days of wall-to-wall art. Admission to the fairs is free. Downtown streets are closed, and TheRide provides an easy way to get there!
ArtFairRide: Convenient Schedule!
- Thursday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
ArtFairRide: Free Parking!
- Park free and ride from Briarwood Mall (off of State St. and Eisenhower Pkwy.): Thursday through Sunday.
- Park free and ride from Pioneer High School (on S. Main St. near Stadium Blvd.): Thursday through Saturday. While ArtFairRide will not operate from Pioneer on Sunday, fairgoers can still ride routes 24 or 25 downtown.
ArtFairRide: Affordable Fares!
- Tickets for ArtFairRide are $1.50 each way for adults and $.75 each way for K-12 students and TheRide Fare Deal cardholders.
- GoldRide and A-Ride cardholders ride for free.
- Children ages five and younger ride for free.
- Shuttle tickets are sold at ticket booths at both Briarwood Mall and Pioneer High School during shuttle hours.
- Multi-Ride, 30-Day and Sponsored passes are not valid for ArtFairRide service.
ArtFairRide: Two Convenient Downtown Locations!
- The Main Street shuttle route will drop riders off in downtown Ann Arbor at the shuttle bus stop located at Main and William Streets, next to The Guild’s Summer Art Fair.
- The South State shuttle will drop passengers off at South State and Madison Streets, between the South University Art Fair and State Street Area Art Fair and adjacent to the Original Street Art Fair. This stop is also close to the University of Michigan central campus and the Michigan Union.
- ArtFairRide shuttle buses will return to both Briarwood Mall and Pioneer High School from each downtown boarding location Thursday through Saturday. On Sunday, fair boarding locations will only return to Briarwood Mall.
ArtFairRide: Additional Information
- Brochures containing maps of the shuttle routes, as well as Art Fair locations and other information, will be distributed at the shuttle boarding locations and Art Fair information booths.
- TheRide’s shuttle buses are wheelchair accessible, and stroller areas are available on most buses.
- Service animals are welcome on ArtFairRide and travel free, however, they must be properly controlled.
- For those passengers who have purchased artwork, the shuttles can handle reasonably sized packages, but riders should make other arrangements for oversized purchases.
- Find out more about this wonderful annual event here.
- ArtFairRide press release
- Art Fair detour information can be found here, or you may call us at 734-973-6500