View the Executive Summary
View the Final Report
Alternative Propulsion Bus Study
TheRide worked with its consultant, Stantec, to develop an Alternative Propulsion Bus Study. This study explores zero emission bus propulsion technologies and assesses the benefits and challenges of transitioning from a fossil fuel bus fleet to a zero emissions bus fleet. TheRide reviewed the report with employees and the public in late Fall 2022.
Learn About Zero Emission Bus Options
TheRide presented its findings at the October 25, 2022 TheRide Board of Directors Board Retreat and and public meetings. Information about the project can be found below:
- View the presentation slides
Watch the video presentation
Read the presentation script
Watch the November 15 virtual public meeting
Watch the October 25, 2022 TheRide Board of Directors Board Retreat - Zero Emissions Bus Study Discussion found at 6:56 minutes within this link.
Read the read the comments received.
- About hydrogen - View the video
- How hydrogen buses work - View the video
- How to charge an electric bus - View the video
- Zero emission bus - View the video
- Electric buses 101 - View the video
- About batteries - Read the article
Electric vehicles' battery problem - View the video