Prices go into effect August 28, 2022
ANN ARBOR, MI – The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) has announced that effective August 28, it will be reducing the cost for 30-Day and 1-Day unlimited ride passes and introducing a new half-fare one-day pass.
Starting August 28, 2022, the pass prices will be:
Period Pass Type Description New Fare Pass Price Savings from Current Price
Effective Aug. 28, 2022
30-Day Flex Pass Valid for unlimited rides for
30 days on fixed-routes, FlexRide $45.00 22% Savings
East and West
30-Day Value Pass Valid for unlimited rides for 30 days
on fixed-routes, FlexRide East and West $22.50 22% Savings
Proper identification required.*
Adult 1-Day Pass Valid for unlimited rides for 1-Day
on fixed-routes, FlexRide East and West $3.00 33% Savings
Half-Fare 1-Day Pass Valid for unlimited rides for 1-Day
on fixed-routes, FlexRide East and West $1.50 New
Proper identification required*
* An AAATA issued reduced fare identification card or K-12 student identification is required when boarding the bus with this pass. To obtain a reduced fare identification card, visit TheRide.org or call 734-996-0400.
All 30-Day passes are valid 30 days from the date after the first use of the pass. The 1-Day passes are valid until the end of the day it was activated.
Other price changes approved by the AAATA Board of Director’s and implemented during the pandemic include, eliminating the $2 dollar surcharge for traveling outside Ann Arbor when using the FlexRide Night/Holiday Service and allowing the use of a transfer for up to 90 minutes to make a return trip.
“The lower pass prices are more equitable and they enhance the benefits of using transit over the higher costs of driving and parking.” Matt Carpenter, CEO of TheRide said.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Face masks are recommended to be worn, though not required.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.