Let's get you moving with A-Ride! Learn everything you need to know about traveling with A-Ride.
We are taking many precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers.
- All drivers will be wearing face masks.
- All vehicles are cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- Please wear a face covering when using our services.
- Wash your hands before and after using our services.
How to Make a Reservation
Give us a call at 734-973-1611 during our call hours.
For advance reservations (trips 1-3 days ahead of time), call 734-973-1611 and select option 2.
Weekdays: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Weekends: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We encourage you to travel during off-peak hours if possible. You may need to travel earlier or later than your original request, or service may not be available at all. Up to two round trips are available per day within Ann Arbor city limits.
Michigan Relay (7-1-1)
Michigan Relay is available any time at no cost. If you need help communicating over the phone, please call 7-1-1 for assistance. Services include TTY, VCO (Voice Carry Over), HCO (Hearing Carry Over), DBS (Deaf-Blind Service), STS (Speech-to Speech), Captioned Telephone and Voice.
Before You Call
We will need to know the following information to make your reservation:
- Your A-Ride I.D. number
- The date(s) you want to travel
- The time of your appointment
- The time you want to be picked up
- The name and address of where you need to go
- The specific entrance you want to be picked up at
- What assistance you may need, or mobility aids you use
- If anyone is traveling with you
Occasionally, the exact time you wish to travel may not be available. In that case, we will offer you other choices that may be up to one hour earlier or later than the time you wish to travel.
Let us know if you need to arrive at your destination by a specific time and we'll try our best to accommodate you. You may be asked to change your trip time to accommodate other passengers too. In this case, you will be notified of your new pick-up time at least one day or more before your trip.
You may make multiple trips on the same day, but please allow at least one hour between pick-up times. Keep in mind that the driver can't wait for you at your destination.
We may be able to pick you up on the return leg of a round trip. Will-call returns may be made from medical appointments. Two will-call return trips are available per day. Call A-Ride when you are ready for your return trip and your vehicle will arrive within 90 minutes.
Cancellations & No-Shows
Canceling a Trip
If your plans change and you need to cancel a reservation, please call us as soon as possible at 734-973-1611. We encourage you to cancel the day before your trip if possible. Cancellations must be made no later than 30 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time on the day of your trip.
Missing Your Trip (No-Show)
Missed trips are considered No-Shows. You will be considered a No-Show if you fail to board your ride within 5 minutes of its arrival or if you cancel your trip 30 minutes or less from its scheduled arrival time.
If you're at an appointment that runs long or ends early, please call us as soon as possible. We will work with you to find another trip. Keep in mind there is no guarantee a trip will be available at the time you want or possibly at all.
Tips to Avoid No-Shows
- Have your A-Ride I.D. card and correct fare ready
- Cancel trips more than 30 minutes ahead of time
- Wait at the location or entrance you requested
- Arrive at your pick-up location a few minutes early
- Be prepared to wait through your entire pick-up window
- Board your ride within 5 minutes of its arrival