Help us ensure that all riders travel safely and comfortably. Please show common courtesy and follow these general rules when using TheRide.
Code of Conduct for TheRide's Buses and Facilities
- No weapons of any kind.
- No Smoking.
- No loitering, panhandling, or solicitation.
- No skateboarding or bike riding.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior or using profanity.
- Possession of open alcoholic beverages or illegal substances is prohibited. We report all drug activity to the police immediately.
- Appropriate clothing, shirts and shoes must be worn.
- Keep the volume low when listening to your music with headphones.
- No smoking, eating or drinking while riding the bus or waiting in bus shelters.
- Use your earphones when listening to your electronic device.
- Use your inside voice during your conversations.
- Personal items can be kept on your lap or at your feet. Remember to take your personal items with you when you exit the bus. AAATA is not responsible for any lost items.
- Service animals and pets are welcome to ride on the bus for free. Pets must travel in a well-secured cage or travel container. Please keep service animals controlled at all times.
- Use the designated seating area if you are traveling with a child in a stroller. Fold the stroller before boarding and keep it out of the aisle.
- Leave priority seating near the front of the bus for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Are you a bike rider?
Bike riding is a great way to get around, exercise, and reduce your carbon footprint. At TheRide, we want to make it as easy as possible to bring your bike along when you ride the bus. All buses are equipped with double loading bike racks.