Help us ensure that all riders travel safely and comfortably. Please show common courtesy and follow these general rules when using TheRide.
Riding Rules & Policies
Code of Conduct
No weapons of any kind are allowed, with the exception of pistols carried in a concealed manner in compliance with Michigan law.
- No loitering, panhandling, or soliciting.
- Possession of open alcoholic beverages or illegal substances is not allowed.
- Possession of any hazardous material is not allowed on the bus.
- Roller blades and roller skates are not allowed to be worn on buses.
- Appropriate clothing, shirts and shoes must be worn.
- Disruptive behavior and use of profanity is not allowed.
- Obscene, threatening, inciting or insulting language and/or gestures
- Running, yelling or throwing objects
- Spitting, littering, vandalism or graffiti
- Fighting, mock fighting or roughhousing
- Inconveniencing, obstructing or interfering others (i.e. blocking doors, feet on seats, etc.)
- Any actions which may disrupt safe operation of TheRide vehicles and properties
- No eating, drinking or smoking (including e-cigarettes) while riding the bus or waiting in bus shelters.
- No cell phone speakers or two-way radio use.
- Use your inside voice during your conversations.
- Use your earphones when listening to music and keep the volume at a low level.
- Keep personal items on your lap or at your feet. Remember to take all items with you when you exit the bus. TheRide is not responsible for lost items.
- Service animals and pets are welcome to ride on the bus for free. Please keep service animals controlled at all times.
- Pets must travel in a well-secured cage or travel container.
- Use the designated seating area if you are traveling with a child in a stroller. Fold the stroller before boarding and keep it out of the aisle.
- Leave priority seating near the front of the bus for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Are you a bike rider?
Bike riding is a great way to get around, exercise, and reduce your carbon footprint. At TheRide, we want to make it as easy as possible to bring your bike along when you ride the bus. All buses are equipped with double loading bike racks.