TheRide offers discounts for eligible individuals on select transportation services. Eligibility may be based on age, income, or disability. TheRide also works with local businesses to offer employer-sponsored programs.
Reduced Fare Cards
Fare Deal Cards allow eligible individuals to ride fixed-route buses at a reduced rate.
Card holders can also purchase 1-Day, Half-Fare 1-Day, and 30-Day passes at a discounted rate.
To receive your discount, please show your Reduced Fare Card to your bus driver when you board.
Eligibility is based on income, age, or disability. To apply for a Fare Deal Card, please submit a completed application in person at TheRide's main office.
- Download the English Fare Deal Application
- Download the Spanish Fare Deal Application
- Download the Arabic Fare Deal Application
- Download the Korean Fare Deal Application
- Download the Chinese Fare Deal Application
You will need to bring the following documentation:
- A valid state ID card or valid drivers license
- A Medicaid card
- Valid proof of Medicare card or authorization from a participating social service agency
For additional information, please call 734-973-6500.
TheRide works closely with academic institutions in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Area to create sponsored programs for students, faculty, and staff.
The following institutions offer sponsored fares on TheRide's fixed-route buses.
- University of Michigan
- Eastern Michigan University
- Washtenaw Community College
All K-12 students are eligible for half-fare bus rides, youth passes, and tokens with a valid student I.D. Children 5 years of age and younger ride for free.
TheRide supports the getDowntown program, which provides commuting incentives for people working in downtown Ann Arbor.
With go!pass, eligible employees can ride any of TheRide's fixed-route buses. They also receive discounts on other select commuter services offered through TheRide.