How long will TheRide operate reduced service?
We will operate on a reduced schedule for as long as there are concerns and directives imposed on traveling and social distancing. We will follow all orders and guidelines of federal, state and local authorities.
TheRide introduced a temporary service plan that began on August 30. In mid-November, we will be implementing some updates to the service plan as a step towards restoring service.
How did you decide what routes to suspend and what routes to keep with the temporary service plan?
We had five guiding principles when developing the temporary plan:
- 60% of previous service hours
- Focus on high ridership routes
- High frequency to allow for social distancing
- Simplify routing to ease the ability to add overflow buses
- A full bus is 20 people, a third of what a full bus was pre-pandemic
- We are simplifying routes by eliminating route variations and few interlined routes to help add service as ridership increases
- Use FlexRide (demand response) where fixed route is not practical
Are fares being collected?
Fare collection resumed on August 2. Fares may be purchased at:
Blake Transit Center: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
TheRide Main Office (2700 S. Industrial): Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Other in person locations can be found at: https://www.theride.org/fares-passes/buy-person
Online at: https://www.theride.org/fares-passes/buy-online
You can purchase mobile tickets by downloading the EZFare app.
View More FAQs
(Updated 10/21/20 1:00 p.m.)