FlexRide is a shared shuttle service that helps riders with limited or no direct access connect to fixed-route bus stops and to other hard-to-reach destinations. FlexRide provides on-demand, curb-to-curb transportation for residents in Pittsfield and Ypsilanti Township. We can pick up and drop off anywhere within our FlexRide service area.
Service Notice: Effective August 30, 2020
Effective August 30, 2020, FlexRide service area will be expanded. View the service changes summary
FlexRide serves a portion of Pittsfield Township (anywhere between Ellsworth, Munger, Merritt, and Lohr roads). We can help you connect to Route 5 (Packard) and Route 6 (Ellsworth).
Take FlexRide to:
- Huron Valley Beauty Academy
- Meijer on Carpenter Rd.
FlexRide serves a portion of Ypsilanti Township (anywhere between Textile, Rawsonville, Bemis, and Hitchingham roads). We can help you connect to Route 46 (Huron-Textile).
Take FlexRide to:
- Lake Pointe Apartments
- Lincoln Consolidated Schools
- Paint Creek Shopping Center
- Schooner Cove
- Ypsilanti District Library
- Ypsilanti Township Civic Center
FlexRide service is available on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to make travel arrangements one day in advance. Same-day trip requests will depend on availability. We will offer the next available pick-up time if your requested time slot is full.
Reservations are accepted one hour before FlexRide service begins until an hour before service ends in each area. The hours of operation in each service area are listed below.
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Book trips weekdays (Mon-Fri) between 6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Southeast Ypsilanti Township
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Book trips weekdays (Mon-Fri) between 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
How to Make a Reservation
Submit a request online through the MODE Car website
We'll need the following information to reserve your trip:
- Phone number
- Method of payment
- Pick-up time
- Origin (pick-up point)
- Destination (drop-off point)
Download the MODE Car App
TheRide partners with MODE Car to provides FlexRide service. For a smoother FlexRide experience, please download the MODE Car app for iOS or Android.
- Real-time location of your ride
- In-app notifications when your ride arrives
- Pay your fare using your credit card or PayPal account
If you no longer need FlexRide service, please cancel your trip reservation by calling 734-794-0377. You can cancel a trip up to a half hour before your scheduled arrival time. If you fail to cancel your reservation, you will be considered a no-show. Any same-day trips following a no-show will be automatically cancelled.
Standing orders are re-occurring rides that you arrange in advance. FlexRide only allows standing orders for trips to and from work. To request a standing order, please give us a call at 734-794-0377.
Riding Rules & Tips
- Food and drinks are not allowed in vehicles.
- Packages and belongings must safely fit on your lap. We cannot stow personal items in the trunk.
- Allow additional time for trips if there is bad weather.
- If an emergency situation occurs, we will alert you of service delays or changes in your trip status.
The standard rate for a regular one-way fare is $1.
Riders who reserve over the phone must pay in cash upon pick-up. Please bring exact change. Any change will be given as a coupon for future rides for bills up to $10. Riders who book online or through the MODE Car app pay with major credit card or PayPal. Online payments are non-refundable.
Transfers received from fixed route bus service are not accepted on FlexRide.
The following reduced fares are available for FlexRide service:
- goPass! - Free
- MCard - Free
- K-12 (student I.D. required) - $0.50
- Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS) Exceptional Pass - Free
- Children 5 and younger - Free
- Fare Deal Card - $0.50
- Monthly Fare Deal Card (30-Day Value Pass required) - Free
- A-Ride (A-Ride I.D. Card required) - Free
- GoldRide (GoldRide I.D. Card required) - Free