TheRide is committed to providing everyone with comfortable, safe transportation.
A-Ride is a shared, reservation-based accessibility service. This service provides quality transportation for persons with disabilities. A-Ride works similarly to our fixed route service with origin-to-destination, curb-to-curb, and door-to-door service. A-Ride trips are provided in accessible lift-equipped buses.
A-Ride service operates during fixed-route service hours.
We are taking many precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers.
- All drivers will be wearing face masks.
- All vehicles are cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- Please wear a face covering when using our services.
- Wash your hands before and after using our services.
Getting Started With A-Ride
GoldRide is a special service for seniors ages 65 or older. Eligible seniors travel free on any of our regular fixed routes with their GoldRide I.D. card.
Effective August 29, 2021
GoldRide service has been expanded to be more equitable for all member communities by adding in the service area of the City of Ypsilanti and portions of Ypsilanti Township, which were not previously served. The cost of GoldRide service is also adjusted. Beginning August 29, 2021, the Premium Demand Response GoldRide Service will be as follows:
- GoldRide Premium Demand Response Service will be available within 3/4 mile or fixed routes in the Cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti as well as Pittsfield and Ypsilanti Townships.
- GoldRide Premium Demand Response Service fares have been adjusted.
Getting Your GoldRide I.D. Card
Download and fill out the GoldRide application form online to see if you are eligible for an I.D. card. You may also have an application mailed to your home address. Submit your completed application in person, along with the required photo identification, to TheRide's main office at 2700 S. Industrial Hwy. Ann Arbor, MI.
Fare Deal Program
The Fare Deal program allows qualified individuals to ride on our fixed-route buses at a reduced rate. You must meet certain requirements to qualify for a Fare Deal I.D. card.
GroceryRide provides weekly trips from several senior housing communities in Ann Arbor to local grocery stores for $.75 each way. Call 734-973-6500 for more details.