TheRide is committed to providing everyone with comfortable, safe transportation.
A-Ride is a shared, reservation-based accessibility service. This service provides quality transportation for persons with disabilities. A-Ride works similarly to our fixed route service with origin-to-destination, curb-to-curb, and door-to-door service. A-Ride trips are provided in accessible lift-equipped buses.
A-Ride service operates during fixed-route service hours.
COVID-19 Updates and Information
TheRide remains dedicated to protecting the health and safety of its riders and employees.
As of April 18, the TSA no longer requires masks to be worn on public transit. The CDC and TheRide encourages people to still wear masks while riding and at transit centers.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventative measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask, but not required.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers have been added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers' use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
Getting Started With A-Ride
You must have a valid A-Ride I.D. to use this service. Find out if you are eligible to apply for A-Ride.
Learn how to make an A-Ride reservation. Reservations can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Are you new to using our A-Ride service? Take a look at our step-by-step guide to using A-Ride.
Local Advisory Council
Interested in TheRide's Local Advisory Council? Click here to learn more.
GoldRide is a special service for seniors ages 65 or older. Eligible seniors travel free on any of our regular fixed routes with their GoldRide I.D. card.
GoldRide service has been expanded to be more equitable for all member communities by adding in the service area of the City of Ypsilanti and portions of Ypsilanti Township, which were not previously served.
- GoldRide Premium Demand Response Service is available within 3/4 mile or fixed routes in the Cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti as well as Pittsfield and Ypsilanti Townships.
- GoldRide Premium Demand Response Service fares.
Getting Your GoldRide I.D. Card
Download and fill out the GoldRide application form online to see if you are eligible for an I.D. card. You may also have an application mailed to your home address. Submit your completed application in person, along with the required photo identification, to TheRide's main office at 2700 S. Industrial Hwy. Ann Arbor, MI.
For reservations, please call 734-275-0066.
If you need assistance, please contact TheRide by calling 734-973-6500 or sending us an email.
Fare Deal Program
The Fare Deal program allows qualified individuals to ride on our fixed-route buses at a reduced rate. You must meet certain requirements to qualify for a Fare Deal I.D. card.
GroceryRide provides weekly trips from several senior housing communities in Ann Arbor to local grocery stores for $.75 each way. Call 734-973-6500 for more details.