TheRide is committed to providing everyone with comfortable, safe transportation.
March 2021 Public Input - Coming Soon!
Give us your feedback on our service recovery proposal. Comments accepted March 4-April 2.
A-Ride is a shared, reservation-based accessibility service. This service provides quality transportation for persons with disabilities. A-Ride works similarly to our fixed route service with origin-to-destination, curb-to-curb, and door-to-door service. A-Ride trips are provided in accessible lift-equipped buses.
A-Ride service hours currently operate:
- Monday-Friday, 6:00 am-9:15 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am-8:15 pm
We are taking many precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers.
- All drivers will be wearing face masks.
- All vehicles are cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- We have reduced the seating capacity to encourage social distancing.
- Please wear a face covering when using our services.
- Wash your hands before and after using our services.
- Use our services for essential trips only (such as work, medical appointments, grocery store, pharmacy).
Getting Started With A-Ride
GoldRide is a special service for seniors ages 65 or older. Eligible seniors travel free on any of our regular fixed routes with their GoldRide I.D. card.
Service Notice: Effective August 1, 2020
Beginning August 1, 2020, the GoldRide program will be updated as follows:
- Shared-ride trips in small buses for GoldRide cardholders will be suspended until further notice
- Persons ages 65 years of age or older are eligible to apply and receive a GoldRide identification card
- All GoldRide cardholders can travel for free on TheRide’s fixed-route service
Getting Your GoldRide I.D. Card
Download and fill out the GoldRide application form online to see if you are eligible for an I.D. card. You may also have an application mailed to your home address. Submit your completed application in person, along with the required photo identification, to TheRide's main office at 2700 S. Industrial Hwy. Ann Arbor, MI.
Fare Deal Program
The Fare Deal program allows qualified individuals to ride on our fixed-route buses at a reduced rate. You must meet certain requirements to qualify for a Fare Deal I.D. card.
GroceryRide provides weekly trips from several senior housing communities in Ann Arbor to local grocery stores for $.75 each way. Call 734-973-6500 for more details.
- GoldRide Application
The referenced media source is missing and needs to be re-embedded.