Service Animals & Pets
Service animals and properly caged comfort and emotional support animals can ride with you for free. Service animals must be on a leash or harness. You are responsible for properly controlling your animal.
Riders can travel with items that they can safely carry on their laps, at their feet, or under their seat. Please limit the number and size of your items. If you require more space for items, you will need to arrange an alternate form of transportation.
Bus drivers can help you carry up to two items per trip. Items must weigh 20 pounds or less. Items likely to cause harm may not be transported.
A-Ride buses can accommodate wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility devices. Riders are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Occupied wheelchairs must weigh less than 600 pounds and can't be more than 30 inches wide by 48 inches long.
- Allow the bus driver to secure your wheelchair.
- Follow the driver's safety instructions when using the lift.
- Secure oxygen tanks to a wheelchair, an oxygen tank cart, or shoulder bag.
- Use the lap-belt and shoulder harness during transport.
- Wheelchair brakes must be functioning and engaged during transport.
Riders can't choose the type of vehicle they prefer to travel in.