ANN ARBOR, MI – The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) is updating its Temporary Service Plan. The Temporary Service Plan is a simplified network of routes focused on travel to essential destinations and frequent service to reduce overcrowding. The updates to the plan will begin Sunday, January 17, 2021 and will include restoring service in Ypsilanti where there currently are no transportation options and to improve on-time performance on several routes.
The service updates that begin Sunday, January 17 include:
- Routing adjusted in Ypsilanti from Michigan Ave to Hewitt Rd and Congress St for all trips to restore service to an area which previously had no alternatives.
- Adjust routing headed to the Blake Transit Center from the Glen Ave/Fuller Rd area to Beakes Ave and Fifth Ave to serve Kerrytown.
- All trips to be connected with Route 3- Huron River at the Blake Transit Center.
- Adjust routing in downtown Ann Arbor from William St to Washington St and Thayer St to reach the U-M Central Campus Center.
- Adjust Saturday and Sunday schedules to improve on-time performance.
- Move boarding location at the Blake Transit Center from the transit mall to Fourth Ave
- Adjust routing from the U-M Central Campus area to end at the Blake Transit Center for all trips. Service to U-M Central Campus will be provided via Route 23.
- Connect all trips with Route 23 at the Blake Transit Center giving riders a direct connection to U-M Central Campus Transit Center and U-M Hospital Areas without having to transfer.
- Move boarding location at the Blake Transit Center from Fourth Ave. to the transit mall.
- Service will be restored.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide has established the following preventive measures and restrictions to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are required to wear a face mask
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only
- Buses are cleaned with CDC recommended protocols
- Social distancing is encouraged with signs posted at transit centers and in buses
- Fewer passengers are allowed on each bus at any one time
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees
- Masks, gloves and face shields are also provided for drivers
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended
- Transit centers remain closed except for customer transactions, where applicable
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours are available at TheRide.org or by calling (734) 996-0400.