ANN ARBOR, MI – The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will preview their Fiscal Year 2023 draft budget at the July 21 Board of Director’s meeting. TheRide’s 2023 fiscal year runs October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
The Fiscal Year 2023 Budget draft is balanced and provides financial stability and funding for services to retain and attract new riders. The budget is supplemented significantly by reimbursable federal relief funding to restore lost revenues and eligible operating expenses, which are impacted by high levels of inflation in the wake of the pandemic. The budget supports providing public transportation options that contribute to the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area’s social, environmental, and economic vitality at a cost that demonstrates value and efficient stewardship of resources.
“Our Fiscal Year 2023 budget allows us to provide critical transportation services to our community and prepare for the future,” Deputy CEO of Finance and Administration, Dina Reed said. “Our organization is financially stable and the budget supports agency-wide continuous improvements and prepares TheRide for expanded service opportunities and growth through long-range plan initiatives.”
TheRide’s Fiscal Year 2023 draft budget proposal issue brief is available for review at: https://www.theride.org/about/performance/business-plan-budget.
A copy of the proposed budget and additional background materials will be made available for public inspection from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Main Office, 2700 South Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 and at TheRide.org.
Members of the public are encouraged to comment:
- During the public comment period at the July 21 Board of Director’s meeting, either in person and via zoom. budget preview presented by staff
- During the public comment period at the remote, online public meeting on July 28, budget preview presented by staff
- At the Official Public Hearing held in conjunction with the August 18th Board of Director’s meeting, either in person or via zoom
- During the public comment period at the September 28th Board of Director’s meeting either in person or via zoom
- By submitting comments online at https://www.theride.org/about/performance/business-plan-budget
- By leaving comments by calling 734-794-1712
- By mailing comments to:
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority
RE: FY23 Budget
2700 S. Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The Fiscal Year 2023 budget will be formally adopted at the September 28 Board of Directors Meeting.