ANN ARBOR, MI -- The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will not operate fixed-route bus service, FlexRide East/West, or A-Ride services on Sunday, December 25, 2022 or Sunday, January 1, 2023 in observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays. Regular Service will resume on Monday, December 26, 2022 and Monday, January 2, 2023, with some modifications. TheRide's main office, the Blake Transit Center and the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be closed on Sunday, December 25 and Sunday, January 1, but will re-open on Monday, December 26 and Monday, January 2.
On Christmas Eve (Saturday, December 24) and New Year’s Eve (Saturday, December 31), fixed-route bus service will end early, with the last trips leaving the Blake Transit Center at 6:45 p.m. and the last bus to arrive at the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be at 7:00 p.m.
On Monday, December 26 regular service will resume for all routes, with the exception of the following:
Regular service will resume on the above routes on Monday, January 2.
Passengers may take advantage of FlexRide Holiday Service, which is a shared-ride service on designated holidays for just $5 per person. Seniors with an AAATA GoldRide card and persons with disabilities with an A-Ride identification card may ride for $2.50. Individuals with a valid go!pass may ride for $3. FlexRide Holiday trips are limited to designated areas within the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
FlexRide Holiday Service hours on Christmas and New Year’s Day:
- 6:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, December 25 and Sunday, January 1
FlexRide Late Night Service hours due to the Christmas and New Year holidays are as follows:
- 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 24/Saturday, December 31 to 6:00 a.m. on Monday, December 26/Monday, January 2
Reservations for both Late Night and Holiday Service can be made through the MODE Car App or by calling 734-528-5432. Reservations can be made:
Monday – Friday:
Reservations stop at 5:15 a.m.
(5:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
Reservations stop at 6:15 a.m.
(6:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are encouraged to wear a face mask, but not required
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.