ANN ARBOR, MI -- The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will not operate fixed-route bus service, FlexRide East/West, or A-Ride services on Monday, September 6, 2021 in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Regular Service resume on Tuesday, September 7. TheRide's main office, the Blake Transit Center and the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be closed on Monday, September 6, but will re-open on Tuesday, September 7.
Passengers may take advantage of FlexRide Holiday Service, which is a shared-ride service on designated holidays for just $5 per person. Seniors with an AAATA GoldRide card and persons with disabilities with an A-Ride identification card may ride for $2.50. Individuals with a valid go!pass may ride for $3. FlexRide Holiday trips are limited to designated areas within the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
- 6:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. on Monday, September 6
FlexRide Late Night Service hours due to Labor Day holiday are as follows:
- 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, September 5 to 6:00 a.m. on Monday, September 6
Reservations for both Late Night and Holiday Service can be made through the MODE Car App or by calling 734-528-5432. Reservations can be made:
Monday – Friday:
Reservations stop at 5:15 a.m.
(5:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
Reservations stop at 6:15 a.m.
(6:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are required to wear a face covering, per federal law.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.