ANN ARBOR, MI -- The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will not operate fixed-route bus service, FlexRide East/West, or A-Ride services on Monday, May 29, 2023 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. Regular Service will resume on Tuesday, May 30. The Blake Transit Center, Ypsilanti Transit Center and TheRide’s Main Office will be closed on Monday, May 29 and will re-open on Tuesday, May 30.
Passengers may take advantage of FlexRide Holiday Service, which is a shared-ride service on designated holidays for just $5 per person. Seniors with an AAATA GoldRide card and persons with disabilities with an A-Ride identification card may ride for $2.50. Individuals with a valid go!pass may ride for $3. FlexRide Holiday trips are limited to designated areas within the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
FlexRide Holiday Service hours on Memorial Day:
• 6:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. on Monday, May 29
FlexRide Late Night Service hours due to Memorial Day holiday are as follows:
• 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 28 to 5:30 a.m. on Monday, May 29
Reservations for both Late Night and Holiday Service can be made through the MODE Car App or by calling 734-528-5432.
Reservations can be made:
Monday – Friday:
Reservations stop at 5:15 a.m.
(5:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
Saturday - Sunday:
Reservations stop at 7:15 a.m.
(7:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are encouraged to wear a face mask, but not required
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.