Public input accepted July 20 – August 20, 2023
ANN ARBOR, MI – The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) has announced that it is updating its Title VI Program and providing to the public for review and feedback. TheRide is hosting a series of virtual and in-person meetings to hear the community’s final feedback on the program updates.
“We review our Title VI Program every 3 years to ensure we are in compliance and make any necessary updates to our program and policy,” said Forest Yang, Deputy CEO of Planning & Innovation at TheRide. “We encourage our community to review our program updates and provide any feedback they may have.”
TheRide will be introducing the program and policy updates at the July 20 Board of Directors Meeting.
Feedback on TheRide’s Title VI program updates is being accepted July 20 – August 20, 2023. There are many ways to provide your feedback on the program updates:
- Attend a virtual meeting
- Attend an in-person meeting
- Visit: TheRide.org/Title-VI
- Email: TitleVIProgram@theride.org
- Call: 734-794-1882
c/o Title VI Program Updates
2700 S. Industrial Hwy.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
TheRide invites the public to learn about the Title VI Policy plan updates at a series of public and virtual meetings:
Virtual meetings will be held via Zoom at the following times:
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
In-person meetings/drop-in sessions will be held at the following locations:
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Blake Transit Center
2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Ypsilanti Transit Center
To learn more about the Title VI Policy, visit: https://www.theride.org/title-vi.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are encouraged to wear a face mask, but not required.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.