ANN ARBOR, MI -- The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will not operate fixed-route bus service, FlexRide East/West, or A-Ride services on Saturday, December 25, 2021 or Saturday, January 1, 2022 in observance of the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays. Regular Service will run on Sunday, December 26 and Sunday, January 2. TheRide will operate reduced service December 27 – December 31. The Blake Transit Center and the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be closed on Saturday, December 25 and Saturday, January 1, but will re-open on Sunday, December 26 and Sunday, January 2.
On Christmas Eve (Friday, December 24) and New Year’s Eve (Friday, December 31), fixed-route bus service will end early, with the last trips leaving the Blake Transit Center at 6:45 p.m. and the last bus to arrive at the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, December 27 – Friday, December 31, TheRide’s reduced service will include:
Regular, full service will operate on the above routes on Sunday, December 26 and Sunday, January 2. Regular service on all routes resumes on Monday, January 3.
Passengers may take advantage of FlexRide Holiday Service, which is a shared-ride service on designated holidays for just $5 per person. Seniors with an AAATA GoldRide card and persons with disabilities with an A-Ride identification card may ride for $2.50. Individuals with a valid go!pass may ride for $3. FlexRide Holiday trips are limited to designated areas within the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
- 6:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. on Friday, December 25 and Friday, January 1
FlexRide Late Night Service hours due to the Christmas and New Year holiday are as follows:
- 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 24 to 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 25
- 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 31 to 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 1
Reservations for both Late Night and Holiday Service can be made through the MODE Car App or by calling 734-528-5432. Reservations can be made:
Monday – Friday:
Reservations stop at 5:15 a.m.
(5:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
Reservations stop at 6:15 a.m.
(6:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are required to wear a face covering, per federal law.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.