ANN ARBOR, MI -- The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will not operate fixed-route bus service, FlexRide East/West, or A-Ride services on Thursday, November 25, 2021 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Regular Service resumes on Friday, November 26, with some modifications. TheRide's main office, the Blake Transit Center and the Ypsilanti Transit Center will be closed on Thursday, November 25, but will re-open on Friday, November 26.
On Friday, November 26, regular service will resume for all routes, with the exception of the following:
- Route 4: Reduced Schedule
- Route 62: Reduced Schedule
- Route 63: No Service
- Route 64: No Service
Regular service will resume on the above routes on Saturday, November 27.
Passengers may take advantage of FlexRide Holiday Service, which is a shared-ride service on designated holidays for just $5 per person. Seniors with an AAATA GoldRide card and persons with disabilities with an A-Ride identification card may ride for $2.50. Individuals with a valid go!pass may ride for $3. FlexRide Holiday trips are limited to designated areas within the cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
FlexRide Holiday Service hours on Thanksgiving Day:
- 6:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. on Thursday, November 25
FlexRide Late Night Service hours due to Thanksgiving holiday are as follows:
- 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24 to 6:00 a.m. on Friday, November 26
Reservations for both Late Night and Holiday Service can be made through the MODE Car App or by calling 734-528-5432. Reservations can be made:
Monday – Friday:
Reservations stop at 5:15 a.m.
(5:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
Reservations stop at 6:15 a.m.
(6:00 a.m. for trips outside of Ann Arbor)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are required to wear a face covering, per federal law.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.