ANN ARBOR, MI – The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) will introduce their Fiscal Year 2022 draft budget at the August 19 board meeting. The public is encouraged to attend the online meeting and provide comments on the draft budget. TheRide’s 2022 fiscal year runs October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022.
The drafted Fiscal Year 2022 Budget is a balanced budget that supports service recovery efforts by providing funding to restore services to pre-pandemic levels while planning for long-term financial stability. The budget is supplemented significantly by reimbursable federal relief funding (CARES Act and CRRSSA funds) to restore lost revenues and expenses incurred due to the pandemic. The budget was developed with the objectives of supporting community recovery, planning for the future, serving customers, and modernizing TheRide.
“Our Fiscal Year 2022 budget allows us to provide support to our community as we recover from the pandemic by providing essential transportation services,” Deputy CEO of Finance and Administration, Dina Reed said. “Additionally, our budget is allowing us to take steps to ensure long-term financial stability for our organization.”
TheRide’s Fiscal Year 2022 draft budget proposal is available for review at: https://www.theride.org/about/performance/business-plan-budget.
A copy of the proposed budget and additional background materials are also available for public inspection from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Main Office, 2700 South Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104.
Members of the public are encouraged to make comments:
- During the public comment period at the remote August 19 Board of Director’s meeting, draft budget presented by staff
- During the public comment period at the remote public meeting on September 7, draft budget presented by staff
- During the remote public hearing held in conjunction with the September 23 Board of Director’s meeting
- By submitting comments online at https://www.theride.org/about/performance/business-plan-budget
- By leaving comments by calling 734-794-1712
- By mailing comments to:
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority
RE: FY22 Budget
2700 S. Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The Fiscal Year 2022 budget will be formally adopted at the September 23 Board of Directors Meeting.