ANN ARBOR, MI – To adhere to Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-21 to temporarily suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) has announced additional temporary reductions to their service schedule. Community members are strongly encouraged to ride the bus for essential trips only. In the Executive Order, Transportation is noted as critical infrastructure, and therefore, TheRide will still operate for essential use only.
“TheRide will continue to provide service for essential trips. We understand our community has dedicated workers who must still get to their jobs and we are committed to helping them get there,” Bryan Smith, Deputy CEO of Operations at TheRide said. “However, it’s important for those that do not need to go to work, medical appointments or the grocery store, stay home to help prevent the spread of the virus.”
In addition to the below reduced schedules, TheRide is not charging a fare to ride its fixed route service and demand response services and has temporarily closed the Ypsilanti Transit Center, Blake Transit Center and TheRide’s front desk at 2700 S. Industrial Highway. Those riders who can, are requested to board buses using the back door. All of these precautions as well as additional cleaning and disinfecting our buses are being taken to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
“We ask that if you must take TheRide, you limit your contact with the driver, and maintain the CDC recommended six-foot social distancing between you and other riders,” Mary Boonin, Manager of Community Relations at TheRide said.
Reduced Service Effective Thursday, March 26
The following service reductions are dependent on workforce availability. Schedules may change. Visit TheRide.org or call 734-006-0400 for the most up to date information.
Fixed-Route Service: Reduced service is based on regular Sunday schedules with the exception of Route 3.
Routes not operating: 33, 41, 60, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 81, 91, 92
Routes with revised schedules: 3, 4, 5, 6, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
Park & Ride Lot Service
- Green Rd. lot will only be served by Route 23
- Pioneer High School will only be served by Routes 24 and 25
- Miller Rd. lot will not be served
- Plymouth Rd lot will not be served
- State St. & Tennis Center lots will not be served
Demand Response Service: Reduced service is based on regular Sunday schedules. Passengers are requested to limit travel for essential trips only in line with the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-21.
- A-Ride and GoldRide service will require at least one day advance booking. No same day trip reservations will be offered.
- FlexRide service will continue to allow same day reservations.
- No other demand response services including NightRide, HolidayRide and MyRide will operate.
For full maps and schedules of the reduced routes and to stay up to date on our service visit TheRide.org or call 734-996-0400 to talk to an Information Specialist for route information, reservations for A-Ride and other business-related questions during normal business hours.
- All vehicles and facilities are being regularly cleaned and high-touch areas disinfected with protocols as recommended by the CDC
- All staff continue to receive a supply of sanitization supplies and are encouraged to follow the CDC’s hygiene guidelines
- TheRide has instituted social distancing among employee work environments, with many staff working remotely, all business travel canceled, and in-person meetings discouraged
TheRide remains dedicated to the health and safety of its riders and employees and reminds riders and employees of healthy habits from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick, if possible. This helps prevent spreading your illness to others
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often to help keep germs away. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available in the Ride Guide, at (734) 996-0400 and on TheRide.org.